“This is the first time that we’ve surveyed international cabin crew and the findings give us a real insight into what they really think of passengers,” commented Skyscanner’s Sam Poullain. What are your views on the top 10, listed below?
The most annoying habits of air passengers
- Clicking fingers to get your attention (26%)
- Leaving seat at the end before the light goes off (13%)
- Stuffing too many bags into overhead locker (11%)
- Complaining there’s no space for their bag in the locker (10%)
- Talking through the safety demo (9%)
- Asking for more blankets/pillows (8%)
- Stuffing rubbish in the seat pocket (7%)
- Asking for a different meal (6%)
- Ringing the attendant bell to complain about temperature (6%)
- Asking for a specific brand of drink (4%)
“It’s interesting to see that it’s the men who get the vote for the perfect passenger, and while many of us would love to travel business or first class, cabin crew prefer to work in economy,” added Poullain. “It must be frustrating for cabin crew when passengers try and cram as much hand baggage in the overhead locker as humanly possible, however carrying only hand luggage can save passengers quite a lot of money as the cost of putting baggage in the hold can be very expensive. Unless airlines charge less for hold luggage, I don’t see this changing.”
More details on the survey is available on the Skyscanner website.
RELATED: Top 10 Leading International Freight Markets Of The Future!