|Aer Arann's first ATR 72-600 aircraft from a $187m order|
This month, Aer Arann (operating as Aer Lingus Regional) received its very first ATR 72-600, which is the first delivery from a US$187 million order for eight ATR 72-600s.
The new airplanes, which are scheduled for delivery in 2013-14, will replace Aer Arann’s existing fleet of ATR 72-200s and ATR 42-300s.
The first plane starts service this month and will fly in the Aer Lingus Regional livery, based on a franchise relationship between Aer Arann and Aer Lingus.
“These aircraft offer high economic efficiency, optimum performance and exceptional passenger comfort,” commented Sean Brogan, Interim Chief Executive Officer of Aer Arann.
“We are convinced that these new airplanes will bring very interesting business opportunities, while further developing air traffic in the region”.
About the ATR 72-600:
- Passenger capacity: 68-74 seats
- Engines: Pratt & Whitney Canada PW 127M
- Maximum power at take-off: 2,750 horse power per engine
- Maximum weight at take-off: 23,000 Kg
- Maximum payload: 7,500 Kg
- Range with full passenger load: 900 nautical miles (1,665 Km)