Tuesday, June 11, 2013

VIDEO: Unbelievable footage of China airport worker's terrible cargo handling

Airport worker in China throws cargo towards the plane roughlyWhen it comes to transporting air cargo, the term ‘handle with care’ is normally pretty apt. That certainly wasn’t the case with a recent China Southern Airlines flight, as you’ll see from the video on this page.

Mark Bridgman, a passenger on the flight, looked out his window and noticed the rough handling of cargo boxes by an airport worker.

Apparently, this wasn’t the first time he had seen such behaviour, so he decided to film the airport worker ‘in action’ and post the footage on YouTube.

MORE VIDEOS: Chinese airline employee attempts to throw chair at passenger

“This was amazing to watch. I think I was the only one noticing what was happening outside the window of the plane, and this time I captured it,” he commented.

“On a previous occasion I saw a load of Japanese sewing machines with 'this way up' and 'fragile, handle with care' stickers over the boxes also being thrown on to the conveyor.”

You can watch the video below. What are your thoughts? Have you ever seen such behaviour from an airport worker in the past?

Post your comments below and sign-up to The Aviation Writer's free newsletter to keep updated with the latest aviation videos, photos and stories. Click here to sign-up.

MORE VIDEOS: Impact of severe turbulence filmed on Singapore Airlines flight

MORE VIDEOS: Police vehicle rammed into aircraft during Brazil drug bust

37 comments :

1. Wish that one box hit him harder on the head.

ReplyDelete
  2. Comforting! Especially when you're off to China in two weeks!

ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Was he fired? I sure hope so!

ReplyDelete
  4. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys !

ReplyDelete
  5. I am really disappointed of what kind of person would just do that. I wonder whats going on in his mind.

ReplyDelete
  6. At what point did this guy realize that he was actually creating more work for himself by being so destructive?

ReplyDelete
  7. Is that even called LOADING??

ReplyDelete
  8. The stupid thing is, he was doing probably what he always does, in front of passengers.
    And as ignorant as this is, I'd bet this sort of thing is prolific throughout the industry.

ReplyDelete
  9. If that's what they do outside the cargo hold what goes on inside????

ReplyDelete
  10. I think he actually achieved a >50% success rate there!

ReplyDelete
  11. Robeel, is this for real? You gotta be kidding...maybe he's acting? If NOT, then he should be FIRED no questions asked. :-(

ReplyDelete
  12. Yes travelling in China is a little different. I was sat next to an overwing exit, just before take off a stewardess came and locked the exit from the inside using a pip pin. When I questioned this as a licensed engineer, I was told it was to stop passengers opening the door in flight!

13. Troy Dallas RaiteriJune 13, 2013 at 8:47 AM

He would be dead if that was my Xbox being in one of those boxes.

ReplyDelete
  14. I actually find it extremelly funny: he's actually scattering the perfectly stacked boxes all over the place! That means he'll be spending more time and effort collecting them again.

Another very funny thing is how he tries various methods to get the job done quickly and lazilly without any effect at all.

After 5 minutes I was laughing my head off, as every three he threw 2 were coming back or falling off.

By the way there are two bags left on the apron on the right (FOD?) and he is using a mobile phone (which I think is not allowed).

15. Sharath AiyangarJune 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM

He might have worked in frustration.... single person height of cost cutting.

ReplyDelete
  16. He must be having a bad day. Not that it's an excuse, but maybe if his company gave him some ear protection and a back-brace (lifting belt), then maybe he'd be happier.

ReplyDelete
  17. I've seen many drastic loading guys when I was on airport, but this guy is A+ :)

18. Muhammad ChaudhriJune 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Its sad to know this will impact China's image, are the people are mainly dedicated, hard working and sincere to their profession.

19. Diana Williams KhalilJune 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Drove me nuts just watching! Arghhh!

ReplyDelete
  20. I just can not figure out there is only one handler to breaking pallet. In this case, it looks like he was upset the he had to break and loading into bulk compartment. There should be supervisor to monitor loading and instruct proper guidance to the agent. It no surprised, you would see baggage is thrown in US airports, where no passengers is watching or stealing items from baggage.

ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty bad. Not good for Chinese airlines. If they want to grow, Chinese airlines have to improve a lot. And the improvement should reach all over the world. Hope this change in the attitude of handling comes sooner.

ReplyDelete
  22. They probably get paid the US equivalent of $2 an hour. I wouldn't be happy either.

ReplyDelete
  23. ...They take videos of chinese messing up, it goes viral. When Americans mess up, the videos die quickly.

This could even be fake. Shouldn't the boxes be in crates?

ReplyDelete
  24. The guy in charge in this handling is not aware the consequence he is doing...unacceptable!!! Good footage...to awaken the China Airport Handling Management.

25. At 1:16, best thing ever said

ReplyDelete
  26. LOL, I'm pretty sure this is an isolated case.

ReplyDelete
  27. That's actually painful to watch.

28. Johnathan GirardJune 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Hope he gets fired!

29. Susan C. FriedenbergJune 18, 2013 at 5:56 PM

OMG, are you sure that they were not filming a Chinese reality show??? What is going on over there? They are also punching flight attendants onboard aircraft. There have been 2-3 incidents of this as of late. Totally unacceptable behavior. They make angry New Yorkers look like they are pussycats! :)

ReplyDelete
  30. Irritating running commentary from what sounds like a Kiwi tourist who probably earns more in a month than loader does in a year. Swop shoes for a day mate. Obviously the worker was upset about something and was behaving stupidly.

ReplyDelete
  31. Yet how many of us buy Chinese-made products (made by slave political prisoners) because they are cheap: here you see the know-how behind and the quality control. Good news, it was not day-old chicks or gold bars.....

ReplyDelete
  32. I've been in that guys shoes. And when you're working for a short staffed company that's already loaded 5 aircraft for the day (possibly more than 10 tonne by hand) you get a bit pissy without help.

Although missing the belt is just making more work for yourself.

But I can see where he's coming from. How many of you have shifted more than a tonne by hand?

33. Andreas SchultesJuly 1, 2013 at 1:11 PM

This man is an extreme idiot if you ask me... :/

ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...